8 Ways to Adjust to the Senior Living Transition
Making a Successful Senior Transition
Senior living has its perks. Friendly care. Safety and security. Healthy meal choices. More opportunities to do things and socialize. But it’s a major life change not to be taken lightly. Whether you’re the one making the move or you’re supporting and encouraging your loved one, these tips can help smooth out the transition to senior living.
- Start at your own pace. You’ve gone through a lot of changes in a short time and that often leads to feeling overwhelmed. Adjustments don’t happen overnight. They’ll be good days, and there might be some bad days, too. Just take it a day at a time and keep an open mind.
- Make your apartment your own. Most likely, you’ve recently downsized, but you’ve kept your most cherished mementos. Our staff is happy to help you hang photos and pictures. Don’t hesitate to ask.
- Tell us your preferences. Our community honors and respects your choices, so you’ll notice we’ll be asking about your likes, dislikes, and lifestyle preferences.
- Ask questions. We’ll do our best to explain every aspect of our community, but if you’re wondering about anything, please ask.
- Break the ice. You’ll have an ambassador that will orient you to the community and introduce you to others. If you haven’t already, you’ll quickly notice that our residents are a very friendly group of people. We encourage you to socialize as much as you’d like.
- Share your ideas and opinions. Our door is always open, and we listen to our residents. If you have any suggestions, compliments, or constructive feedback for us, we’d love to hear.
- Try new things. While your participation in any activity or outing is always your choice, trying something different is good for your mood, your brain, and your health.
- Keep family and friends involved. It’s always a mood-lifter to have those you love around you. Invite your favorite people, children, grandchildren, siblings, nieces, nephews, or former neighbors to come over and make new memories together.
Always feel free to talk to our staff openly and honestly about any of your concerns or worries. We’re here to make your journey easy. If you haven’t visited Tiffany Springs Senior Living Community yet, we invite you to schedule a tour to meet our residents and staff.